Thursday, February 14, 2013

Six years ago today....

...it all started. The beginning of our relationship was...complicated. He was fresh off a mission. I was ready to start my first semester of college. He was kind, outgoing, ambitious. The connection was instant.  I was in a serious relationship, but from the beginning I imagined a future with Josh. Marriage, babies, the works. I knew it was right, but leaving a long-term relationship is challenging regardless of the circumstances.

It had been a few months of confusion when Josh invited me to go bowling on Valentine's Day. I told him that my boyfriend, who was working that night, probably wouldn't appreciate me doing something with another guy on this romance-infused holiday. He told me it was with a big group of his friends and assured me that said boyfriend had nothing to worry about. Sneaky guy. We had a blast and to make a long story short, that night was the official beginning of us. We've gone bowling on (or around) Valentine's Day every year since.

Josh is a hard worker. He's an excellent dad. Noah is his little buddy and seeing them together melts my heart. He's curious in a way that sometimes makes me feel like I'm hanging out with a seven year old. He's outgoing and doesn't take himself too seriously.  Josh is also one of the most persistent people I've ever met. If this guy wants something, don't try to stop him.  He would literally do anything to make sure that me and Noah are happy and taken care of.  He worries about us. He prays for us.  He's a good friend, brother, and son. The boy has a big heart.  I'm so glad he's mine.

2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...