Friday, January 23, 2015

Book Review: Keeping Kate

Keeping Kate is an LDS novel written by Lauren Winder Farnsworth that’s hard to put down. Like, it’s 2 AM and my newborn is sleeping so I should probably go to bed but for the love of all that is holy, I need to find out what happens next, good!  I had the pleasure of reading it a few years ago in it’s beginning stages and was excited to enjoy it again. In this modern-day spin on Jane Eyre, Kate Evans, a simple young woman with a tragic childhood finds herself unexpectedly in love. I really enjoyed the gradual development of Kate and Tyler relationship. It’s romantic but not overly done and written in a way that makes you feel it, evidence of the author’s talent. I found myself literally gasping in shock at plot twists and laughing out loud at Kate’s witty commentary. The characters are complex but relatable, making it even easier to get lost in the story. I also loved the LDS perspective and how spirituality was tied into the plot seamlessly. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it if you’re looking for a good LDS-themed love story.

1 comment:

  1. Nice information !
    You may like http://www.lovee.com/ is the fun, friendly spot for style and fashion for stroller that’s and unique as you are!
    You can buy bugaboo bee canopy in affordable price for your baby !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...